Thursday, March 26, 2009

Welcome to my Blog: Outline for Health

Greetings from trying-to-be-healthy-Land.

This is my first entry for what I hope will expand into a website about health.

I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist (although I'm looking into it). I am a somewhat-normal (don't ask my family to vouch for that) person who wants to maximize my health. I've tried all different sorts of vitamins/minerals and done re-donkulous amounts of research on eating plans, vitamins and various health gadgets and spent roughly a ka-billion dollars on health books and vitamins.

My goal here is to help you streamline your path to health and wellness and make it affordable and simple.

I have a confession to make: I am a woman. Thusly, many of the issues I focus on (e.g. hormones, metabolism, fatigue) pertain to women. But there are universal nuggets in here that can help men, too.

I'll make product suggestions on some of the products I've tried and how they worked for me. I'll write passages about the research I'm doing.

I'm going to dedicate much of the blog to the ten steps below that I think have been crucial to restoring my health. I'm estimating the overall investment for tests, vitamins, and equipment is around $2000 for the steps, which is a minimal investment. Check with your insurance company because they might pay for some of the tests. But be willing to spend your own money if necessary--it's worth it.

So, following is a 10-step protocol that is simple and reasonably affordable. It isn't the cheapest way to live but it is an investment that pays off tremendously:
  1. De-stress. Crucial to any path to wellness.
  2. Eat mostly organic and eat well.
  3. Retrofit your home to make it a healthy environment to live in.
  4. Get your thyroid, other hormones, neurotransmitter, and vitamin levels checked.
  5. Supplement any deficiencies.
  6. Test for parasites, yeast and bacteria, and food allergies.
  7. Perform kill-off protocols as necessary and stop eating allergy-causing foods .
  8. Check for heavy metals poisoning.
  9. Perform chelation if necessary.
  10. Detoxify your organs. This includes your intestines and your liver. At least once a year, do a liver cleanse.

So there you have it. Many thanks for your time.

Use your brain and gut to think to your health!!

Marie

No comments: